Democracy Now! Thursday, July 17, 2003
Producer Democracy Now!Audio/Visual sound, color
* U.S. General: Troops Facing “Guerilla” War in Iraq
* Pentagon To Call Up 10,000 New Reserves; Troop Calls on Rumsfeld to Resign
* U.S. Considers Returning to UN to Seek Int’l Help
* Pro-American Mayor Murder in Iraq
* Tenet Grilled By Senators in Closed Door Session
* North, South Korea Soldiers Exchange Fire Along DMZ
* More Headlines…
- Oakland & FBI Agree Not to Appeal Judi Bari & Darryl Cherney Bombing Decision
$4 million jury decision upheld for pair of environmental activists who were nearly killed when a bomb exploded in their car. The FBI originally blamed them although they had been receiving death threats from timber industry supporters.
- Jeff "Free" Luers was Sentenced to 22 Years in Prison for Burning 3 SUVs; He Has Now Been Thrown in Solitary Confinement for Sending a Letter to a Journal
We play excerpts of an interview with “Free,” hear a speech from death row prisoner Mumia Abu-Jamal and have a debate with filmmaker and anarchist organizer Warcry, Kelly Stoner of Stop Eco-Violence! and Professor Bron Taylor.